Bijural Terminology Records
- Common Law
- Civil Law
- Title of the Legislative Text
- Federal Real Property Act, S.C. 1991, c. 50 (title changed to Federal Real Property and Federal Immovables Act by the Federal Law-Civil Law Harmonization Act, No. 1, S.C. 2001, c. 4, s. 10)
- 12. A person who holds a lease of any real property from Her Majesty or an interest derived from such a lease, or who has a right to use or occupy any federal real property, may not, without the consent of the Governor in Council, grant or agree to any covenant restricting or controlling the use of the property except in favour of
- Only common law terminology ("covenant") is used in the English version.
- In the English version, the term "condition" is added for the purposes of civil law. No change to the French version is necessary because it is drafted differently, without the use of the problematic term.
- Harmonized Provision
12. A lessee of any real property or immovable from Her Majesty, the successor, sublessee or assignee of such a lessee, a person who holds an interest derived from such a lease or a person who holds a licence in respect of federal real property or federal immovables may not, without the consent of the Governor in Council, grant or agree to any covenant or condition restricting or controlling the use of the property except in favour of
Federal Law-Civil Law Harmonization Act, No. 1, S.C. 2001, c. 4, s. 16
- Date modified: