Contribution Funds for Non-governmental Organizations - a Handbook
This booklet is not intended to change or replace the contribution agreement but rather to provide additional information on financial clauses of the agreement to help increase recipients’ understanding and to facilitate financial reporting and therefore compliance with the terms and conditions of the agreement.
The basic financial management and internal control principles that are briefly presented in this guide should help to reduce the risks typically associated with contributions management, and the information on audit requirements should facilitate compliance audits in the future.
We hope this guide is easy to understand and helps your organization to better understand the Department of Justice Canada’s contribution funding practices and procedures.
The following references provide more information on how public funds should be managed and on what constitutes good internal control practices and sound financial management:
- The Financial Administration Act
- Report of the Senior Committee on the Review of the Financial Management Framework of the Government of Canada
- Federal Government Spending: A Priori and a Posteriori Control Mechanisms
- Policy on Transfer Payments
- Policy on Management, Resources and Results Structures
- Date modified: