Ontario Regional Office
Regulatory Law Section
APPENDIX B – METHODOLOGY
The criteria for the audit were based on the TBS guidance on auditing management frameworks provided in the “Core Management Controls: A Guide for Internal Auditors”.
Information for this audit was obtained through the following methods:
- a review of relevant documentation concerning the operations of the RLS;
- management, lawyers, and staff in the RLS;
- ORO human resources, finance, and administration management and staff;
- the heads of the legal services units in Human Resources Skills Development Canada, Health Canada, and the Canadian Food Inspection Agency;
- the Assistant Deputy Minister, the Deputy Assistant Deputy Minister, and the Director, Program Support & Business Strategies in the Business and Regulatory Law Portfolio;
- the Director General, Law Practice Management Directorate.
- Date modified: