Join Canada’s Largest Legal Organization!
The Department of Justice Canada is currently recruiting talented, skilled and passionate IT Specialists!
- Looking for a rewarding and meaningful career in application development, IT security, database administration or IT support?
- Want to ensure that the right tools get the right information to the right people at the right time to inform the right decisions?
- Looking to work in a collaborative, mutually supportive and dynamic team environment?
Then make a difference and consider a career with Canada’s legal team!
What can you expect as an IT specialist at the Department of Justice Canada?
The Department of Justice Canada is unique in the federal government with clients located across the country, and within some 40 federal departments and agencies. Our IT organization is designed to provide both strategic and operational functions.
IT specialists work in partnership with Shared Services Canada to deliver IT services to all of Justice Canada’s offices in Ottawa and across the country. This gives you the opportunity to build a stimulating career within the federal public service and the possibility to gain valuable work skills from experienced team members.
Our priorities are delivering digital services to Canadians, legal services to Government and leveraging internal digital services and data to enable the delivery of a modern justice system and high-quality legal services to the government. We look to new methods, tools and ideas to improve how we design, build and deliver services.
Why should you join Canada’s legal team?
- Competitive Salaries and Benefits:
- Including pension, supplemental health insurance, dental care, maternity and parental leave benefits, and vacation days. For more information on salaries, please consult the annual rates of pay for the CS group.
- Work as a Team in a Dynamic Environment:
- Collaborate with IT professionals and other legal and non-legal professionals across the Federal government.
- Career Advancement:
- Access to mentors as well as ample learning and professional development opportunities.
- Location, location, location:
- A headquarters in Ottawa, 6 regional offices and sub-offices across the country.
- Make a difference:
- Your hard work directly affects the lives of Canadians.
How do I get started?
- If you have graduated or completed two (2) years of an acceptable post-secondary educational program in computer science, information technology, information management or another relevant field, we encourage you to apply to our CS-02 Inventory for Various Analyst Positions now!
- If you are a former student from the Federal Student Work Experience Program (FSWEP), the Post-Secondary Co-op/Internship Program (CO-OP) or the Research Affiliate Program (RAP), we encourage you to apply to our Former Student Inventory now!
- Learn more about the Department of Justice Canada.
- Learn more about employment opportunities in the federal public service.
Report a problem on this page
- Date modified: