Services to calculate or update child support amounts out-of-court

Family violence

If you or your children are experiencing abuse, you might need additional services to help with your situation.

Many provinces and territories offer family justice services that are specifically intended for families experiencing family violence.

On this page

Note that not all provinces and territories offer the same services.

Learn about calculating or updating child support amounts out of court

When parents separate or divorce, they must continue to provide financial support to their children. Child support is calculated using regulations called child support guidelines, which are a set of rules and tables. Child support administrative services, where available, can help you and your former partner, if eligible, determine child support amounts quickly outside of the court process. They can also help you update existing child support amounts to reflect your and your former partner’s current financial situation.

Types of services

Child support calculation services

Child support calculation services are administrative services that calculate the initial child support amount without the need to go to court. The amount of child support is calculated based on the applicable child support guidelines. The amount calculated by a calculation service is the amount to be paid by the parent owing child support.

Child support recalculation services

Child support recalculation services are administrative services that recalculate existing child support amounts without the need to return to court. Recalculation services determine the new child support amount according to the applicable child support guidelines and updated income information. The support amount determined by the recalculation service becomes the amount to be paid by the parent owing child support.

Family law can be complex. You may want to get advice regarding your situation from a family law legal adviser.

For more information on provincial and territorial services that provide legal advice, please see the “Services for assistance with court process” section.

A Legal adviser is a person who is qualified in a province to give legal advice to another person or represent them in court. This can be a lawyer, and in some provinces, may include other professionals.

Related Justice Canada resources

Find the publicly funded family justice services available in your province or territory


Child Support Recalculation Program

Telephone: 780-401-1111
Toll-free in Alberta: 310-0000
Fax: 780-644-3674

British Columbia

Child Support Recalculation Services

Telephone: 1-866-660-2684


Child Support Service

200-379 Broadway,
Winnipeg, MB  R3C 0T9
Telephone: 204 945-2312
Toll free: 1- 844 808-2313 in Manitoba
Fax: 204-948-2142

New Brunswick

Newfoundland and Labrador

Child Support Recalculation

Child Support Recalculation Office

9th Floor, Sir Richard Squires Building
P.O. Box 2006
Corner Brook NL A2H 6J8
Telephone: (709) 634-4172
Fax: (709) 634-4155

Northwest Territories

Nova Scotia

Administrative Recalculation Program

P.O. Box 23
Halifax, NS B3J 2L4
Telephone: 902-424-0600
Toll Free: 1-844-424-0600 (outside Metro Halifax)
Fax: 902-424-0840



Online Child Support Service

Child Support Service Contact Centre

Telephone: 1-866-656-7753
Website: http://

Prince Edward Island

Child Support Services Office

Honourable C.R. McQuaid Family Law Centre
1 Harbourside Access Road, P.O. Box 2000
Charlottetown, PE C1A 7N8
Telephone: 902-368- 6220
Fax: 902-368-6934


For information on family justice services in Quebec



Child Support Recalculation Service

323, 3085 Albert Street
Regina, SK
S4S 0B1
Telephone: 306-787-5042
Toll free: 1-833-825-1445


Child Support Administrative Recalculation Service

Family Justice Projects Officer
Family Law Information Centre
Department of Justice, Government of Yukon
1st Floor, Andrew A. Philipsen Law Centre
2134 Second Ave.
Whitehorse, Yukon, Y1A 5H6
Telephone: 867-667-3066
Toll-free in Yukon: 1-800-661-0408, ext. 3066